Monday, March 20, 2006

Up-date on Norton Chopper

I haven't said anything about my Norton Chopper project in some time. That's because it is still not fired up. A few weeks ago, I took the project to Frontline Cycles in Longmont to get their help with the last few items I was having trouble with. They completely started over on the wiring, and that is now a done deal. However, Len found a number of other things that he said were just not right. Mostly these had to do with the rubber mounting of the engine. It seems I had hard-mounted the exhaust and some other parts which were then attached to either the engine or the tranny. So I had to redo those. I had also not understood how the rear brake master cylinder swtich worked, so I had to re-engineer that completely. Then the kick start shaft I had bought on e-bay was not correctly machined to accept the pedal mount. I had to take that apart and re-machine it so it would work correctly. Now I am just waiting on receiving the correct front brake couplings and the right spacers for the clutch within the primary. Once those things have been correctly installed, I should be good to go. To me that means within the next couple of weeks. However, we'll see what the real deal is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home